South Africa may be on lockdown, but if you have access to a computer and the internet, then the chance to unlock opportunity very much exists. What digital tools can you use to stay strong during this time?
South Africans aren’t strangers to pulling together in difficult times. The time for digital communities is NOW, and we are working hard to keep our digital community vibrant.
Here is our “how to” guide with a list of resources to keep you afloat:
How to work and think about work:
How to learn:
- 10 University Art Classes you can take online (for free), here
- Two free months of Adobe Creative Cloud here
- 450 Ivy League Courses you can take online (for free), here
How to relax and unwind:
- See more than 800 Frida Kahlo artworks in this virtual exhibition here
- Audible’s hundreds of free audiobooks here
- The Royal Opera House will Stream Opera and Ballet performances for free, learn more here
- Watch Broadway musicals for free, here
How to connect:
There are many Facebook groups and communities which bring people together to share digital skills, offer camaraderie and learn. Nomad Now community is one of them, as well as:
How to help and share:
- The Government’s Solidarity Response Fund – donate here
- Learn how to help the Yenzani Chlidren’s home here
- UNICEF – learn more on how to help under privileged children here
Remember, we are all in this TOGETHER! So, forward this information to those who may need it! We can all be #BetterTogether in the long run, if for now, we stay #togetherapart!
We will keep you in the know on how best to cope! Let us know if you have any questions or need any assistance – we are here for you.