NOMAD NOW POLICIES
LESS DETAILED VERSION
- At Nomad Now we care about your privacy. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We do not disclose it to others except as required to provide you with the Services of the Nomad Now Platform, meaning - to allow you to Transact or share the information you want to share on the Platform, make payments for Services, post reviews etc.
- We collect information that you provide us or voluntarily share with other users, and some general technical information that is automatically gathered by our systems, such as IP address, browser information and cookies to enable you to have a better user experience and a more personalized browsing experience.
Information that you provide us in the process of the registration will remain private and secure - including your contact information.
- Information that you choose to publish on the Platform (photos, videos, text, reviews or other content) - is no longer private, just like any information you publish online.
MORE DETAILED VERSION
Nomad Now and its affiliates respect your privacy and are committed to protect the personal information of its users. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect when you visit and/or use our website
What Information do we collect?
- When you register to the Platform we ask you to provide certain personal information, including a valid email address, location and username. We may collect additional information such as physical address and additional authentication information, to provide you with the services you need (such as payment or withdrawal of funds, sending physical goods), or to ensure the Nomad Now platform integrity (for example, prevention of fraud). We collect information to provide better services and enhanced user experience to all users.
- In addition, we collect information while you access, browse, and view or otherwise use the Platform. In other words, when you access the Platform we are aware of your usage of the Platform, and may gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage, including geo-location information, IP address, device and connection information, browser information and web-log information, and all communications recorded by users through the Platform. We use that information to enhance user experience, personalize your browsing experience as well as monitor the Platform for fraud and inappropriate content or behaviour. We may also collect supplemental information obtained from third parties such as demographic and navigation data.
- Once you register, your username and additional information regarding your profile is made public and is visible to all Client users of the Platform. This information includes files (documents, photos and videos) that you upload, published Profile, Ratings and Reviews and additional information you may choose to add to Freelancer Profile.
How do we collect Information?
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
- We may combine your personal information with information we collect automatically or obtain from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our Services, content and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can opt-out through the link attached to each communication or by sending an email to email@example.com
We may provide your personal details to third parties, only to operate the Platform, and prevent fraud and illegal activities, as detailed below:
- To Service providers for opening, operating and servicing your account (example – your selected payment vendors, CRM systems, mailing systems or technical consultants);
- To respond to a subpoena or court Order, judicial process or to regulatory authorities; and
Cookies and Local Storage
You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it's important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, cookies may, in certain cases, save you from the need to enter usernames and passwords, and allow session continuity.
We take great care in maintaining the security of the Platform and your information and in preventing unauthorized access to it through industry standard technologies and internal procedures. However, we do not guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur. Users who have registered on the Platform agree to keep their password confidential and not disclose such password to any third party.
Third Party Platforms
Updating Your Information
- We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. If you believe your information is in any way incorrect or inaccurate, please let us know immediately. We will make sure we investigate the matter and correct any inaccuracies as quickly as possible where necessary or give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it - unless we must keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. If for any reason you have a problem with deleting your personal information, please contact Nomad Now’s Customer Services and we will make reasonable efforts to delete any such information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws.
- You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Platform and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- If you delete your User Generated Content (‘UGC’), as defined in the Nomad Now Terms & Conditions, from the Platform, copies of your UGC may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Platform users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Platform, including UGC, is governed by our Terms & Conditions.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time, so please re-visit this page frequently.
In the event we go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your information may be among the assets transferred.
Children under the Age of 21
Our Platform is not intended for persons under 21 years of age. No one under age 21 may provide any personal information to or on the Platform. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 21. If you are under 21, do not use or provide any information on this Platform or on or through any of its features, make any Orders through the Platform, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Platform or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a person under 21, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 21, please contact us at email@example.com
NOMAD NOW EXTORTION POLICY
Ratings and Reviews is a way for Freelancers and Clients to achieve more comfort, reliability and accuracy in their choices:
- They assist Freelancers with their choices of who to provide their services to;
- They assist Clients with their selections of which Freelancers to make use of.
Both Freelancers and Clients are able, through Ratings and Reviews (Feedback), to share their experiences with the Nomad Now community. We do not allow misuse of the Feedback process. Any attempt to use Ratings & Reviews to force a user to do anything that they aren’t obligated to do will be deemed a misuse and we do not allow this.
Examples of the applicability of the policy include:
- Users (Freelancers or Clients) threatening to use reviews or ratings to influence or force a Freelancer or Nomad Now to provide a reciprocal positive review, compensation or additional compensation.
- Users requesting the other party to give a positive review or rating, or to revise a review in exchange for a partial or full refund, or reciprocal review. Freelancers may not offer free or reduced-price services in exchange for the other party revising an existing review.
- Asking the other party to adjust a review in exchange for a resolution of a dispute between the parties.
Nomad Now policy does not prohibit a user from contacting the other party with a problem prior to leaving Feedback.
Feedback may not be edited after it is published.
By posting a Review and Rating your Client/Freelancer, you agree to follow all Nomad Now guidelines and policies, including the Extortion Policy, which Nomad Now may enforce at its sole discretion. In the event of your failure to do so, Nomad Now may restrict, suspend or terminate your Nomad Now account.
If you think you've experienced extortion, please contact us.
In addition, we prohibit:
- Commercial content (eg: advertising for your business).
- Discussions or posts unrelated to Nomad Now community building (eg: Teams devoted to recruitment or agencies or activities involved in or connected to by-passing Nomad Now or using Nomad Now to offer services to their Clients or associated parties).
- Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activity or violence, or is profane, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, threatening, or discriminatory.
- Political, religious, or social commentary.
- Attempts to impersonate another person or entity.
- Content that refers to a Nomad Now investigation.
- Content that violates another person or entity’s rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights. For example, sometimes people use Teams to create local get-togethers or meetings. Make sure that you have permission before publishing another person or company’s real name or other identifying information.
NOTES ON COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Users of Nomad Now must consult their local intellectual property statutory bodies to clarify applicable local laws regarding copyright. A useful starting point in South Africa is the South African CIPC: https://www.cipc.co.za/index.php/trade-marks-patents-designs-copyright/copyright/
This commentary does not constitute legal advice and you must consult your own advisors.
What Is Copyright?
Copyright is a form of protection provided by applicable law to creators of original works. This mainly applies to the creative categories. The owner of the copyright usually has the exclusive right to use or distribute the work. Violation of these rights is called copyright infringement.
Since this is not a legal document and copyright law is complex, here are a few practical tips (note: these tips do not constitute any form of legal advice and are by no means comprehensive):
- Always assume that work that is not your own is protected by copyright law unless you are able to reliably prove that it is not. This includes images or articles downloaded from the web, even if they are freely available.
- Do not take or borrow anything from the Internet in your work, because it is almost always copyrighted.
- When you use work that is licensed - read the terms of the license. You may not have the ability to use licensed work, even if you paid for it. If your license covers use of the work, be careful to include information regarding the license in the use of the work.
Who Owns the Copyright?
On the Nomad Now Platform, Clients are granted all rights for the work performed in terms of an Order, unless otherwise specified by the Freelancer on their Freelancer Profile page and accepted by the Client by transacting with the Freelancer. Some Freelancers charge additional payments for commercial use of their copyrighted material.
Nomad Now retains the right to use all published Completed works for Nomad Now marketing and promotion purposes.
Can Nomad Now determine copyright ownership?
No. Nomad Now does not mediate in ownership rights disputes. Per our Terms & Conditions and Intellectual Property Policy, we promptly remove any content reported to be infringing, subject to sufficient proof, and remove repeat infringers.
How do I report a claim of copyright infringement?
Notify us on firstname.lastname@example.org